Something that I love to make as a quick snack is Masala corn… Juicy sweetcorn tossed in spices and served warm…
It’s a quick and healthy snack that children and adults alike enjoy!
You can corn served in malls in India and more recently a lot of malls in the UK now have corn stalls.
Why not make it at home with my easy recipe?
- 1 cup cooked corn (to cheat I sometimes just use canned sweetcorn!)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp lal Mirch
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Kali Mirch powder
- 1/2 tsp jeera powder
- Daniya or kaffir lime leaves to garnish
- Salt to taste
- Heat up the corn. If you are using a pressure cooker, then pressure cook for 2/3 whistles in 1 1/2 cups water. You can also microwave the corn (which I tend to do, especially if using frozen or tinned)
- Add 2 tbsp of butter (the heat of the corn will melt the sweetcorn). Mix it well
- Now add all the seasonings
- Garnish with daniya or kaffir lime leaves
- Add more chaat masala and seasonings if you desire/ according to taste
- If you don’t have daniya you can omit using it