There are times when I completely have no time whats so ever to cook but still want to have a flavorsome meal. Mixed veg fry is the answer.
Mixed veg is an easy and quick dish which is great as a side dish, in sandwiches or with dal.
I soak the potatoes in water first to get rid of starch and when rushed for time just leave the skins on.
In terms of spices, I always play around with the combinations and types of spice but one thing I keep consistent is keeping the amount of spices used to a minimum.
You can even make this without the vegetables too.
Hopefully you will like this dish as much as I do!
Serves: 2 people
Prep: 30 mins Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 3 large potatoes, cubed and place in salted water for 20 minutes
- 1/2 – 1 cup mixed vegetables
- 1/2 tsp tumeric powder – haldi
- 1 tsp red chilli powder- lal mirch
- 1 tsp coriander powder – daniya powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds – jeera
- 1 green chilli
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp of dry mango powder – amchur
- Sprinkle of chaat masala (optional)
- Cube the potatoes and soak in in salted water for 20 minutes.
- Boil or steam the vegetables till cooked
- In a frying pan, put some jeera into the oil alongside a green chili
- When jeera start to splutter add the potatoes
- When the potatos start to go soft after about 15 minutes, add the veg and all the spices
- Fry for about 4 minutes, until potatoes go crisp on exterior
- Dish is ready to be served
- Sprinkle some chaat masala on top