This isn’t really a recipe as such as it is so easy to make!
Papad is basically ‘Poppadom’ and can come in many different forms.
As a kid my mum would fry fun papad shapes as a special treat for us to snack on. Even now I love to have papads as a snack with a warm cup of masala chai.
Warning: They are incredibly moreish!
You can buy a pack from any Indian grocery store. I am going to post about wheel shaped ones as they are the last papads I fried. You can get papad shapes in many different shapes and even colours! They normally look like this un-fried:
Fried they end up looking like this:
- Packet of Papad
- Sprinkling of Red Chilli powder or Chill Flakes
- Oil to deep fry
- 1/2 teaspoon Chaat Masala
- Heat oil in a pan
- Once it is hot put a handful of papads in at a time
- Once they expand and rise to the top, take out and drain excess oil off
- Repeat until all the papads you wish to fry are done
- Put them on some paper towels
- Sprinkle with chaat masala
- Now sprinkle some red chilli powder or chilli flakes
- Serve with a cup of masala chai or a cup of tea